How can eating breakfast together help strengthen relationships?

Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
Breakfast is the first chance for loved ones to gather each day. As difficult as it may seem, sitting down together and sharing a meal can deepen intimacy over time and set a positive tone for the whole day. Even if it is only five minutes, that's five minutes together. Commit to five minutes each morning, and see any time over that as grace.
Alter Your Life: Overbooked? Overworked? Overwhelmed?

Themes like “I just don’t have time” and “I’m exhausted” rule our lives today. We are overbooked, overworked and overwhelmed. Just getting done what must be done fills our days. The...

Continue Learning about Relationships and Family

How Empathy Shifts Complaining to Collaborating
“The first duty of love is to listen”  -Paul Tillich Complaining is part of human nature. No one seems to be exempt. We use it as a quick way to vent...
How does life change once kids have moved on with their lives?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Life after kids depends on our age, our marital status, the status of our work and relationships, an...
Is Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is Complicated
Is Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is ComplicatedIs Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is ComplicatedIs Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is ComplicatedIs Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is Complicated
Tying the knot can have its health benefits—but it depends on the quality of your relationship.
What Should I Do After Sex?
What Should I Do After Sex?