How can my partner's age affect my health?

Dr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, ND
Naturopathic Medicine
Age disparity makes a difference: for women, for best results it may be helpful to marry a man of exactly her same age for an older husband shortens her life and a younger one even more so. While marrying a younger woman tends to increase life expectancy for a man, women marrying a partner seven to nine years younger increase their mortality risk by 20 percent (in the United States, on average a groom is 2.3 years older than his bride).

Continue Learning about Relationships and Family

How Empathy Shifts Complaining to Collaborating
“The first duty of love is to listen”  -Paul Tillich Complaining is part of human nature. No one seems to be exempt. We use it as a quick way to vent...
Are married people healthier than single people?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention seems to think married people are healthier than sing...
Is Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is Complicated
Is Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is ComplicatedIs Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is ComplicatedIs Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is ComplicatedIs Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is Complicated
Tying the knot can have its health benefits—but it depends on the quality of your relationship.
How Can I Boost My Sexual Drive?
How Can I Boost My Sexual Drive?