How do I know if I have good social support?

It won’t hurt to evaluate your social network. Look at your social network and make sure you have comfortable support in the following key areas: emotional, social, informational, and practical support.

Emotional support - Do you have a friend who is a confidant and who you can trust with your most personal feelings and worries?

Social support - Do you have a friend you enjoy being with, who helps you survive disappointments and who understands your pain?

Informational support - Do you have someone you can ask for advice on major decisions?

Practical support - Do you have a friend who will help you out in a pinch (close friend, coworker, family member)?

Continue Learning about Relationships and Family

Relationship Mistakes You Need to Stop Making
Do you suffer from drama déjà vu? Maybe you and your partner talk in circles without truly understanding what the other is saying. Maybe your connecti...
How can I see the reality of universal relationship?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Smile: For one day, determine to smile at every person with whom you make eye contact.Send blessings...
Is Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is Complicated
Is Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is ComplicatedIs Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is ComplicatedIs Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is ComplicatedIs Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is Complicated
Tying the knot can have its health benefits—but it depends on the quality of your relationship.
When Does Masturbation Become a Problem?