Do we meet people coincidently?

Lisa Oz
Health Education

I believe that there are no coincidences. Everything in life exists for a reason. This principle has been expressed as fate, karma, kismet, synchronicity, and destiny. Swedenborg calls it Divine Providence, which is fundamentally the idea that our lives are being directed in a way that is most beneficial for our spiritual evolution, while still allowing us the freedom to choose good or evil. If we accept this to be the case, then we must acknowledge that the people we encounter are a part of this process. There is a purpose to the relationships - for both them and us. Our connection provides the catalyst for personal growth.

Continue Learning about Relationships and Family

The Write Stuff for Your Relationship
The Write Stuff for Your Relationship
The last time many of us wrote in a diary about our love lives, we were probably wearing braces or agonizing over acne. Well, blow off the dust and cr...
How can my partner's age affect my health?
Dr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, NDDr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, ND
Age disparity makes a difference: for women, for best results it may be helpful to marry a man of ex...
7 Ways a Strong Relationship Can Boost Your Health
7 Ways a Strong Relationship Can Boost Your Health7 Ways a Strong Relationship Can Boost Your Health7 Ways a Strong Relationship Can Boost Your Health7 Ways a Strong Relationship Can Boost Your Health
Whether it’s a romantic partner, close friend, family member or a good neighbor, the benefits of a bestie are profound.
Have You Had an "Aha" Moment in Your Social Media Research?