Do I want my relationships to be smooth and easy going?

Lisa Oz
Health Education

You can never allow yourself to be complacent because a relationship seems good. Just like living creatures, relationships need to be cared for and nourished, otherwise they wither and die. All the same, you should not become despondent if your relationships are not as intimate or productive as you would like. You can improve them at any time by bringing conscious presence to each encounter.

Relationships either move toward greater intimacy, trust, and affection or shift away from those states. However, the direction is almost never linear. We go up and down, get closer, then become more distant, are briefly elated, then fall into despair. The objective is to move toward integration and improvement, so that although there are fluctuations, the general trend is upward.

Continue Learning about Relationships and Family

Besides Social Networks, Are There Other Technologies That Can Improve Health Outcomes?
Why Is Foreplay so Important?
Why Is Foreplay so Important?
In This Early Stage of Online Medical Records, Is the Data Scattered?
What Do you Tell Young Photographers?
What Do you Tell Young Photographers?