Are married people healthier than single people?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention seems to think married people are healthier than single people.

Studies show that married people are less likely to experience frequent headaches, smoke or drink heavily, and suffer from mental problems than people who aren't married.

Continue Learning about Relationships and Family

Ways to Reduce Hostility—and Health Risks—in Your Marriage
In the 1997 NBA finals, Michael Jordan scored 38 points—all in a day’s work for the superstar, you might say. Not quite. Jordan had the flu and was vo...
What are the pros and cons of being single?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Whether as a temporary interlude or as a life choice, being single can be a rich and satisfying expe...
Is Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is Complicated
Is Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is ComplicatedIs Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is ComplicatedIs Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is ComplicatedIs Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is Complicated
Tying the knot can have its health benefits—but it depends on the quality of your relationship.
Why Should I Schedule Sex?
Why Should I Schedule Sex?