Are my feelings interrelated with everyone else in this world?

Lisa Oz
Health Education

There are times when our interrelatedness seems freakishly weird and anything but scientific. Although our usual paradigm of reality is one of separation and discrete degrees of differentiation, all of us experience unexplainable moments of obvious connection. Instances of ESP, deja vu, and improbable coincidence make us stop and wonder what is really going on. No logical reason explains why you should know that someone is going to call just before the phone rings, or that you should happen to be in the right place at the right time to meet the single person who could change your life (as I did the night I met my husbad). So many things happen that make absolutely no sense if we believe that we exist independently of each other.

Continue Learning about Relationships and Family

Single? Reach for These Health Bonuses
Single? Reach for These Health Bonuses
Almost a third of North Americans—more than 103 million of you—are living single. And despite the constant press about the health benefits of marriage...
Should I talk about death with a loved one who has a terminal illness?
Michael E. Hirsch, MDMichael E. Hirsch, MD
Talking about death with someone who has a terminal illness is often difficult. Possibly you worry t...
Is Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is Complicated
Is Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is ComplicatedIs Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is ComplicatedIs Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is ComplicatedIs Marriage Good for Your Health? The Answer Is Complicated
Tying the knot can have its health benefits—but it depends on the quality of your relationship.
What Body Parts Should I Focus on to Stimulate My Partner?