Why is talking before going to sleep important in a relationship?

Surprise: Fooling around is not tops on the list of the most important things happy couples do in bed. What is? Talking. Spending a few minutes chatting every night before sleep lets you catch up, make plans, and discuss problems in a quiet, tender setting, explains University of Minnesota family social science professor Paul Rosenblatt, PhD, author of Two in a Bed: The Social System of Couple Bed Sharing.

Continue Learning about Relationship Challenges

How to Talk Politics With Your Partner When You Don’t Agree
Even if you voted third party or skipped the polling booths altogether during the 2016 election, politics have probably impacted your relationships th...
How should I deal with the emotional intensity of my partner who has ADD?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
One of the great gifts of attention deficit disorder (ADD) is emotional intensity. You probably ...
What are some tips for arguing fairly with my partner?
Dr. Stan Tatkin, MFT, PsyDDr. Stan Tatkin, MFT, PsyD
To argue fairly with your partner, you must understand that when we fight with loved ones, there sti...
Should Everyone Get a Genetic Test for Alzheimer's Risk?