Why is talking before going to sleep important in a relationship?

Surprise: Fooling around is not tops on the list of the most important things happy couples do in bed. What is? Talking. Spending a few minutes chatting every night before sleep lets you catch up, make plans, and discuss problems in a quiet, tender setting, explains University of Minnesota family social science professor Paul Rosenblatt, PhD, author of Two in a Bed: The Social System of Couple Bed Sharing.

Continue Learning about Relationship Challenges

How Your Phone Addiction Is Getting in the Way of Your Relationships
In the age of social media, email and apps, phone addiction is a real thing. When you’re getting push notifications and news alerts every second, it c...
How can I recover from a divorce?
While divorce is never pleasant, some people manage to come out the other side in pretty good shape,...
How can I help my partner get healthy?
Sheri D. PruittSheri D. Pruitt
When it comes to changing health habits, spouses don't always see eye to eye. Although encouragi...
Is Alzheimer's Disease Related to Parkinson's Disease?