Why does it seem so difficult to start dating after cancer?

If you feel like your cancer experience has changed you, it is possible that you could feel differently about dating and starting new relationships. You may find it more complicated or challenging. Much depends on how you feel about yourself and how open you are to sharing with others. If you are having a hard time dating after cancer, it may help to know that many survivors have shared the same struggles and have overcome their difficulties. Dating, with or without cancer, can be complex. In relationships with friends, there are psychological, social, and emotional components. When it comes to dating, things often feel even more intense.

Continue Learning about Relationship Challenges

Relationship Mistakes You Need to Stop Making
Do you suffer from drama déjà vu? Maybe you and your partner talk in circles without truly understanding what the other is saying. Maybe your connecti...
Why do we fall for people who are bad for us?
Emily NagoskiEmily Nagoski
Not everyone falls for people who are bad for them. And those of us who do can learn to fall for...
What roles must I avoid playing if I have a partner with ADD?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
If you have a partner with attention deficit disorder (ADD), below are a few predictable roles y...
Are Environmental Factors to Blame for Alzheimer's Disease?