Why should I try to be optimistic at work?

Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
Given the current economic crisis, optimistic leadership in our corporations is essential for a company to thrive and compete in our global economy. Every corporation must take the emerging brain science on optimism seriously. Just as you can infect a corporation with contagious stress, you can nurture a business environment with optimism.

Optimism can be a learned skill. Whether you are in a position of leadership or working with peers as a coworker, you can model behavior that teaches no matter what happens within your corporation or business setting, or in the global economy, every obstacle becomes an opportunity.

An extremely troublesome area of human relations management in the workplace is the tremendous increase in the levels of bullying and aggression. This makes it a challenge to create an optimistic work environment. Research tells us that positive, encouraging work environments are healthier, create less employee turnover, decrease absenteeism, and are more productive. Complaints of bullying must be taken seriously, as that kind of aggressive behavior will lower the morale of a workplace and affect productivity. Optimism cannot flourish where problems are not addressed.
Uncommon H.O.P.E.: A Powerful Guide to Creating an Extraordinary Life

Every day, the little constant stresses and anxieties leave us feeling unfulfilled, not living the best life possible. But what if the life we want to live is with in our grasp and we don't even know...

Continue Learning about Relationship Challenges

How to Talk Politics With Your Partner When You Don’t Agree
Even if you voted third party or skipped the polling booths altogether during the 2016 election, politics have probably impacted your relationships th...
How can I help my child cope with divorce?
Your child may have trouble dealing with your divorce. Here are some ways you can help your child: ...
Can difficult parental relationships cause disease and premature death?
Arlene Feuerberg-IsaacsArlene Feuerberg-Isaacs
Difficult parental relationships can be very stressful which can weaken our immune system thereby le...
Why Is Alzheimer's Disease on the Rise?
Why Is Alzheimer's Disease on the Rise?