What is the best way to discuss challenging issues with my partner?

Dr. Stan Tatkin, MFT, PsyD
Marriage & Family Therapy
When discussing challenging issues with our partner, we need to be aware of physical and verbal cues -- it's best for partners to face each other when talking. In this video, psychotherapist Stan Tatkin, PsyD, explains why body language is important. 

Continue Learning about Relationship Challenges

Is Your Partner Gaslighting You? Watch for These Warning Signs
It’s not uncommon to second guess yourself in a relationship, but if your partner is deliberately making you question your thoughts and actions, they ...
How can I forgive someone?
David KuhlDavid Kuhl
Forgiveness begins by stepping into our emotional pain, by acknowledging what the real issues ar...
Can a relationship be happy if one partner puts in most of the effort?
Dr. Stan Tatkin, MFT, PsyDDr. Stan Tatkin, MFT, PsyD
A relationship can be a happy one if one partner puts in most of the effort, as long as the partner ...
Where Does Alzheimer's Disease Research Stand?