What are the most common mistakes partners make in relationships?

Dr. Stan Tatkin, MFT, PsyD
Marriage & Family Therapy
The most common mistake couples make is forgetting that each partner is the primary attachment figure for the other. In this video, psychotherapist Stan Tatkin, PsyD, discusses how not repairing issues quickly is another common error partners make. 

Continue Learning about Relationship Challenges

How to Talk Politics With Your Partner When You Don’t Agree
Even if you voted third party or skipped the polling booths altogether during the 2016 election, politics have probably impacted your relationships th...
Why might I be disappointed with my partner who has ADD?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
In a relationship with a partner who has attention deficit disorder (ADD) and in any intimate re...
How long should we stick to our "Calmer Family Challenge?"
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Stick your “Calmer Family Challenge” at least 21 days. Change is hard work.  Be consistent. Your kid...
How Do I Influence the Health of Other People in My Social Network?