Should I tell my partner I don't like the gift he gave me?

Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
Be honest about not liking jewelry or gifts you receive. Believe me, I have been through this myself. Just sit down and tell the other person you love him or her, but this gift is not your taste. Your partner spent lots of money on a gift and wants it to be something you will wear or love. Ask to be a part of gift choices so it will really be something you love and will wear for a lifetime. I was honest many years ago with my husband. I told him our tastes in clothes and jewelry were totally different. If he wanted me to be happy and wear his gifts, I would have to choose my own jewelry and clothes. This took the pressure off him, and we have built on this honesty and been very happy with our gift-giving decisions our entire marriage.
Uncommon H.O.P.E.: A Powerful Guide to Creating an Extraordinary Life

Every day, the little constant stresses and anxieties leave us feeling unfulfilled, not living the best life possible. But what if the life we want to live is with in our grasp and we don't even know...

Continue Learning about Relationship Challenges

Relationship Mistakes You Need to Stop Making
Do you suffer from drama déjà vu? Maybe you and your partner talk in circles without truly understanding what the other is saying. Maybe your connecti...
Why does it seem so difficult to start dating after cancer?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
If you feel like your cancer experience has changed you, it is possible that you could feel differen...
Why do some friendships go awry?
Karen R KoenigKaren R Koenig
Things go awry when you find yourself doing more and more (and your friend doing less and less) and ...
Are Environmental Factors to Blame for Alzheimer's Disease?