How do our childhood experiences influence the mates we later choose?

We often choose mates to help us fulfill incomplete relationships from our childhood (when we had difficulty getting our voice heard). That's why we find ourselves reliving the same conflicts in our relationships over and over again until we finally address the unmet challenge. In fact, there's a reason why the people in your life are as irritating as they are: They're perfectly suited to force you to resolve these hidden conflicts. When we resolve the childhood traumas through adult dramas, we grow and can experience true happiness and love in that relationship.

You: Being Beautiful - The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Relationship Challenges

Relationship Mistakes You Need to Stop Making
Do you suffer from drama déjà vu? Maybe you and your partner talk in circles without truly understanding what the other is saying. Maybe your connecti...
What are some tips for arguing fairly with my partner?
Dr. Stan Tatkin, MFT, PsyDDr. Stan Tatkin, MFT, PsyD
To argue fairly with your partner, you must understand that when we fight with loved ones, there sti...
How can I learn to compromise in my relationship?
Compromising in relationships should create a win-win for both partners in a timely fashion, so that...
Can Both Good and Bad Health Be Socially Contagious?