Does it hurt my child to see me and my spouse arguing?

Armin Brott
Pediatrics
The short answer is, yes, living in a high-conflict home may be doing some short- or long-term damage to your children. According to a recent joint study by the Universities of Rochester and Notre Dame, children who see their parents in angry conflict on a regular basis are more likely to feel negative emotions and stress and to develop long-lasting, negative impressions of marriage and family life. Rather than becoming accustomed to the hostility, children actually become more sensitive to it and less resilient as time goes by.

Continue Learning about Relationship Challenges

How Your Phone Addiction Is Getting in the Way of Your Relationships
In the age of social media, email and apps, phone addiction is a real thing. When you’re getting push notifications and news alerts every second, it c...
Why should I try to be optimistic at work?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
Given the current economic crisis, optimistic leadership in our corporations is essential for a comp...
How can we identify family temper triggers for a calmer family?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Yelling matches typically happen at the same time such as when you just get home from work, homework...
Why Has Alzheimer's Disease Research Been Neglected?