How can my spouse and I stop fighting in front of the kids?

Armin Brott
Pediatrics
Some tips to help you not fight in front of the kids are:
  • Don't pretend the issues have gone away. Shoving them deep inside is not going to solve anything. Every marriage has issues. Your goal should be to deal with them in a way that doesn't claim the kids, or your relationship, as collateral damage.
  • When you feel the urge to fight, try to conjure up an image in your mind of your kids. Then physically turn and walk away.
  • Write down what you’re thinking so you can discuss it later, when you've cooled down and/or the kids are not around.

Continue Learning about Relationship Challenges

Relationship Mistakes You Need to Stop Making
Do you suffer from drama déjà vu? Maybe you and your partner talk in circles without truly understanding what the other is saying. Maybe your connecti...
How can I encourage optimism in my community?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
We can come together for myriad reasons to face any obstacle. When a neighbor has a family member in...
Why does it seem so difficult to start dating after cancer?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
If you feel like your cancer experience has changed you, it is possible that you could feel differen...
How Could Social Networks Predict Health Outcomes?