How can I deepen my personal relationships?

Arianna Huffington
Health Education

Relationships can become a doorway into a new life -- surrendering, growing, giving, creating -- or a revolving door that gives us movement without progress and deposits us back into ourselves, not as we could become but as we are.

To reach the depths of the beauty of our souls in our close relationships, we must be prepared to walk into the dark side of intimacy and out the other side into the light. Our most meaningful relationships are based on what we are capable of becoming, rather than on what we have been or what we are, on our longing for expansion rather than our preoccupation with comfort and security. To live exuberantly -- to fully know and be fully known -- we must be prepared to risk lighting a candle to illuminate the darkness of even our most intimate relationships, revealing ourselves and seeing clearly all that is revealed. To grow in our relationships and to expand as individuals within them, we must exchange the glorious unreality of the honeymoon for something even better.

Continue Learning about Relationship Challenges

What Do Researchers Need to Cure Alzheimer's Disease?
How Has Technology Changed Alzheimer's Research?
How Have Social Networks Impacted Your Health?
Should Everyone Get a Genetic Test for Alzheimer's Risk?