How can I deal with conflict in my relationship?

Pointing the finger never works in relationships. Placing blame, judging or analyzing your partner will only distance you from each other, so if the issue isn't all that serious (hello, toilet seat), then be playful and don't take yourself so seriously. Laugh at your own foibles, not your partner's. One of the best ways to give a little ground and prove to each other that you're in this together is actually one of the simplest (and hardest) for a couple to do: Say you're sorry every once in a while. It's the relationship Band-aid that can heal heck of a lot of wounds.

And ladies, don't talk to him like he's a woman. Women--typically much more in tune with relationship issues than men are--tend to have a better handle on communication, while men don't as easily pick up on subtle cues that women project in relationships. So teach the men in your life about these things, and don't assume he knows what you want (even if you think it should be obvious), so you both share expectations and can be happier.
You: Being Beautiful - The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Relationship Challenges

How can I reconnect with my partner?
Dr. Andrea Pennington, MDDr. Andrea Pennington, MD
One way to reconnect with your partner is to focus on each other. Turn off the cell phones, pagers a...
Are serious conversations important in a relationship?
Couples who have deep conversations are far likelier to be happy than couples who always keep it...
How can couples capitalize on their differences in bed?
We all know the whole Mars and Venus debate. Men are different sexual creatures than women. Men resp...
In what ways can a parent cause family conflict?
Erik FisherErik Fisher
In my years of experience in working with families, I find that most families with problematic confl...