How can couples capitalize on their differences in bed?

We all know the whole Mars and Venus debate. Men are different sexual creatures than women. Men respond to new visual cues; women respond to friendly emotional ones. Go a little deeper and you understand that it's more that men respond to fear and excitement, and women respond to intimacy. Instead of agreeing to disagree, couples should capitalize on their differences to help make their partners more comfortable in bed. So what does that mean? A man should make it a habit to look into his partner's eyes during sex: That eye lock is a way to increase intimacy (and oxytocin). And a woman should acknowledge that her partner's arousal may be based on more urgency, meaning that it's not so bad to have the lights on during sex, or crave a quickie, or meet up for a lunch hour that involves absolutely no lunch at all.

You: Being Beautiful - The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Relationship Challenges

What should I do if my partner wants sex more often than I do?
Ian Kerner, PhDIan Kerner, PhD
When one person in a relationship wants sex more than the other, both may struggle with feelings of ...
How can I help my partner get healthy?
Sheri D. PruittSheri D. Pruitt
When it comes to changing health habits, spouses don't always see eye to eye. Although encouragi...
Why are family secrets harmful?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
Family secrets are family lies. Dishonesty is not just what one says verbally, but also what is held...
Did Friends Influence Your Health BeforeSocial Media?