Can a relationship be happy if one partner puts in most of the effort?

If you're both pretty lazy when it comes to working out your problems, you can be just as happy as partners who put in a lot of effort. What matters is that you both feel you devote the same amount of care and effort -- a lot or a little -- to keeping your relationship strong, according to a study in Psychological Science. Happiness doesn't necessarily depend on how intense your level of commitment is, but on how mutual it is.

Continue Learning about Relationship Challenges

How can I deal with conflict in my relationship?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Take a minute and examine your own sexual partnership. If you have been together for any length of t...
Can relationships affect mental health?
International Bipolar FoundationInternational Bipolar Foundation
We human beings are naturally social creatures. Interacting and connecting with others is a vita...
Why should I try to be optimistic at work?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
Given the current economic crisis, optimistic leadership in our corporations is essential for a comp...
Besides Social Networks, Are There Other Technologies That Can Improve Health Outcomes?