What are the signs that a parent is neglecting his or her child?

Abusive parents may deflect, blaming the child or the teacher for problems. They may be extremely demanding, with expectations that the child cannot meet. Parents who are depressed or who are abusing alcohol or drugs are more likely to be neglecting their children.

Continue Learning about Relationship Abuse

Do You Know the Signs of an Abusive Relationship?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over half of the women who are murdered in the US die at the hands of an intimate p...
Are You in an Abusive Relationship? Here’s How to Get Help
The numbers are staggering. About one in four women will experience severe intimate partner violence (IPV) over the course of her lifetime. For men? T...
What can I do if I face abuse in my relationships?
Sheila DunnellsSheila Dunnells
Abuse is usually evident quickly; it can’t be hidden for long. If you feel you are in a physically o...
What are the legal considerations for a victim of domestic violence?
Dr. Elif E. Oker, MDDr. Elif E. Oker, MD
1 in 4 American women and 1 in 10 American men will experience intimate partner violence at some poi...