What is neglect of a nursing home resident?

Anthony Cirillo
Geriatric Medicine
Neglect is defined as the refusal by the worker to fulfill his or her obligations to the resident of a nursing home. It includes failing to give necessary care such as food, water, fresh clothing, personal hygiene, medicine, safety or even comfort. Abandonment is the desertion of a nursing home resident by a nursing home worker who has assumed responsibility for providing care for the resident in question.
Who Moved My Dentures? 13 False (Teeth) Truths About Long-Term Care and Aging in America

Who Moved My Dentures dispels 13 different myths about long-term care and aging in America as told through human interest stories of people the author has met through his work as a healthcare...

Continue Learning about Relationship Abuse

Do You Know the Signs of an Abusive Relationship?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over half of the women who are murdered in the US die at the hands of an intimate p...
Are You in an Abusive Relationship? Here’s How to Get Help
The numbers are staggering. About one in four women will experience severe intimate partner violence (IPV) over the course of her lifetime. For men? T...
What can I do if I am a victim of violence?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
If you are in a violent relationship right now, there are things you can do that may help you to be ...
What are some common signs of an abusive relationship?
Red flags of an abusive relationship include irrational and jealous accusations, stalking behav...