Should I talk to my doctor about my rectal cancer symptoms?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

If you experience any symptoms of rectal cancer, tell your doctor immediately. The recovery rate of rectal cancer is high if the disease is caught and treated early, so do not dally before talking to your doctor. Symptoms to watch for include blood in your stool, diarrhea or constipation that does not go away, abdominal pain or bloating, weight loss, and a general sense of fatigue.

Continue Learning about Colorectal Cancer

Will technology eliminate the need for colorectal surgery in the future?
Ovunc Bardakcioglu, MDOvunc Bardakcioglu, MD
Newer tests may increase screening rates for colon cancer, says Ovunc Bardakcioglu, MD, a colon and ...
How common is rectal cancer?
Rectal cancer is more common in adults past middle age than in younger adults or children. In the Un...
What increases my risk for rectal cancer?
Your risk for rectal cancer can stem from genetics or a previous medical condition. Crohn's disease ...
What is rectal cancer?
Rectal cancer, also commonly referred to as colorectal cancer, is cancer that occurs in the rectum, ...