Can rectal surgery affect my sex life?

Rectal cancer surgery can affect your sex life. In this video, Eric Changchien, MD, a colorectal surgeon at Riverside Community Hospital, says that nerves that lie alongside the surgical area can affect sexual performance. 

Continue Learning about Colorectal Cancer

Have You Had Your Colonoscopy Today?
Have You Had Your Colonoscopy Today?
In a recent Sharecare poll, 64.5% of our newsletter readers named a colonoscopy as the health test that makes them most squeamish, beating out Pap sme...
What increases my risk for rectal cancer?
Your risk for rectal cancer can stem from genetics or a previous medical condition. Crohn's disease ...
Is rectal cancer serious?
Rectal cancer is serious. Cancer is an abnormal growth of cells, also known as a tumor. A tumor that...
What's the Difference Between Treatment for Colon and Rectal Cancer?