Should I talk to my doctor about my ranula symptoms?

If you have a ranula (mouth cyst) you should speak to your doctor. While ranulas are usually painless, you may feel discomfort if the cyst grows large in size. If you a worried about mouth cysts, talk to your dentist or physician.

Yes, you should talk to your doctor about your ranula symptoms. Ranulas do not resolve on their own. A doctor will need to make a diagnosis and typically schedule surgery for treatment.

Continue Learning about Ranula Of The Tongue

Is the incidence rate of ranulas affected by gender or age?
Simple ranulas (the most typical form) occur more frequently in women than men. Plunging ranulas (th...
How common are mouth cysts (ranulas)?
Ranulas, or mouth cysts, are common. According to one estimate, about 2.5 ranulas are found per ...
Can a ranula be prevented?
There is no known way to prevent a ranula from forming. Ranulas only occur in one of two ways. One w...
How does a ranula affect the body?
A ranula affects the body by forming a mass beneath the tongue that can interfere with eating, chewi...