Should I talk to my doctor about my ranula symptoms?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Yes, you should talk to your doctor about your ranula symptoms. Ranulas do not resolve on their own. A doctor will need to make a diagnosis and typically schedule surgery for treatment.

If you have a ranula (mouth cyst) you should speak to your doctor. While ranulas are usually painless, you may feel discomfort if the cyst grows large in size. If you a worried about mouth cysts, talk to your dentist or physician.

Continue Learning about Ranula Of The Tongue

Is there a cure for a ranula?
Surgery to remove the cyst and blocked gland is the best cure for a ranula and typically prevents re...
Is a ranula serious?
Ranulas do require treatment, but they are not serious in that they are not life threatening and do ...
Is the incidence rate of ranulas affected by gender or age?
Simple ranulas (the most typical form) occur more frequently in women than men. Plunging ranulas (th...
Can a ranula be prevented?
There is no known way to prevent a ranula from forming. Ranulas only occur in one of two ways. One w...