What are the symptoms of radon poisoning?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Radon poisoning does not immediately cause any symptoms. The only known effect of radon poisoning is a greatly increased risk of lung cancer. Radon poisoning is the second most common cause of lung cancer in the United States, after cigarette smoking. The combination of smoking and radon poisoning makes a person especially susceptible to developing lung cancer.

Continue Learning about Radon Exposure (Poisoning)

What is radon and how am I exposed to it?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
Radon is a gas produced by the decay of naturally occurring uranium which may be present in minute t...
What is radon poisoning?
Radon poisoning occurs when a person is exposed to an excessive amount of radon. Radon is a tasteles...
Can radon poisoning affect my unborn child during pregnancy?
Radon poisoning may affect your unborn child. Fetuses exposed to radon in the womb may have an incre...
Is radon poisoning serious?
Radon poisoning is very serious. In many countries, including the United States, it is the second mo...