A radiation oncology nurse works in collaboration with the radiation oncologist and the radiation technicians in caring for patients receiving radiation treatment for cancer. The nurses’ role is to assess the patient’s response to the treatment as well as to assist with the patient’s comfort, education and promoting overall well-being.
- Q Can I take over-the-counter medicine during radiation treatment for cancer?
- Q How can I be sure there are no errors in my radiation treatment?
- Q What is image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT) for cancer?
- Q What is intensity-modulated radiation therapy?
- Q Can I drive to my radiation treatments for cancer?
- Q How does radiation therapy work?