A radiation oncology nurse works in collaboration with the radiation oncologist and the radiation technicians in caring for patients receiving radiation treatment for cancer. The nurses’ role is to assess the patient’s response to the treatment as well as to assist with the patient’s comfort, education and promoting overall well-being.
- Q What types of lasers are used in cancer treatment?
- Q What are the different types of radiation therapy used in oncology?
- Q What are the emotional side effects of radiation therapy for cancer?
- Q What is radiation therapy?
- Q What is Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)?
- Q What are side effects of external beam radiation therapy?