A radiation oncology nurse works in collaboration with the radiation oncologist and the radiation technicians in caring for patients receiving radiation treatment for cancer. The nurses’ role is to assess the patient’s response to the treatment as well as to assist with the patient’s comfort, education and promoting overall well-being.
- Q What are the different types of radiation therapy used in oncology?
- Q How safe is radiotherapy for young people?
- Q What is a dosimetrist?
- Q How is radiation therapy used to treat cancer?
- Q What is a radiation therapist?
- Q What is image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT) for cancer?