A radiation oncology nurse works in collaboration with the radiation oncologist and the radiation technicians in caring for patients receiving radiation treatment for cancer. The nurses’ role is to assess the patient’s response to the treatment as well as to assist with the patient’s comfort, education and promoting overall well-being.
- Q What side effects might my partner experience from radiation treatment?
- Q What is cone beam computed tomography for cancer radiation treatment?
- Q How does radiation kill breast cancer cells?
- Q How do you prevent radiation from damaging healthy cells?
- Q What kinds of radiation treatments are there for cancer?
- Q What will happen before my radiation therapy for cancer?