A radiation oncology nurse works in collaboration with the radiation oncologist and the radiation technicians in caring for patients receiving radiation treatment for cancer. The nurses’ role is to assess the patient’s response to the treatment as well as to assist with the patient’s comfort, education and promoting overall well-being.
- Q How is radiation therapy used in oncology?
- Q What is an inspection visit after radiation therapy?
- Q Can I take over-the-counter medicine during radiation treatment for cancer?
- Q What are the possible after effects of cancer radiation treatments?
- Q What are complications of radiation?
- Q What is radiation therapy?