A radiation oncology nurse works in collaboration with the radiation oncologist and the radiation technicians in caring for patients receiving radiation treatment for cancer. The nurses’ role is to assess the patient’s response to the treatment as well as to assist with the patient’s comfort, education and promoting overall well-being.
- Q Are there side effects to radiation?
- Q Does radiation therapy increase my risk of developing a second cancer?
- Q What are the benefits of Gamma Knife treatment?
- Q What are the benefits of external beam radiation for cancer treatment?
- Q What is recovery like after CyberKnife therapy?
- Q How can I deal with side effects from stomach radiation for cancer?