A radiation oncology nurse works in collaboration with the radiation oncologist and the radiation technicians in caring for patients receiving radiation treatment for cancer. The nurses’ role is to assess the patient’s response to the treatment as well as to assist with the patient’s comfort, education and promoting overall well-being.
- Q Can I take over-the-counter medicine during radiation treatment for cancer?
- Q What is radiation therapy for lymphoma and leukemia?
- Q How do doctors shape radiation therapy based on a tumor's shape and size?
- Q What are the side effects of radiation therapy for cancer of the larynx?
- Q What kinds of radiation treatments are there for cancer?
- Q What are alternatives to external beam radiation therapy?