A radiation oncology nurse works in collaboration with the radiation oncologist and the radiation technicians in caring for patients receiving radiation treatment for cancer. The nurses’ role is to assess the patient’s response to the treatment as well as to assist with the patient’s comfort, education and promoting overall well-being.
- Q What kinds of radiation treatments are there for cancer?
- Q How is radiation therapy used in oncology?
- Q What is radiation therapy for cancer?
- Q What are alternatives to external beam radiation therapy?
- Q Is cyber knife surgery the same as gamma knife surgery?
- Q Can I drive to my radiation treatments for cancer?