What is a radiation oncology nurse?

Radiation oncology nurses are specially trained in radiation therapy and work closely with your radiation oncologist. Part of their role is to assess how you are doing and to help you cope with changes throughout your treatment. They will explain and help you to manage any side effects. Your oncology nurse can provide support and information to your family.

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

A radiation oncology nurse works in collaboration with the radiation oncologist and the radiation technicians in caring for patients receiving radiation treatment for cancer. The nurses’ role is to assess the patient’s response to the treatment as well as to assist with the patient’s comfort, education and promoting overall well-being.

Continue Learning about Radiation Therapy For Cancer

How Can Cancer Treatment Affect My Sexual Health?