A radiation oncology nurse works in collaboration with the radiation oncologist and the radiation technicians in caring for patients receiving radiation treatment for cancer. The nurses’ role is to assess the patient’s response to the treatment as well as to assist with the patient’s comfort, education and promoting overall well-being.
- Q What is accelerated-fraction radiation therapy?
- Q What are the different types of radiation therapy used in oncology?
- Q How can I prevent errors in my child’s radiation treatment?
- Q What is a typical course of external beam radiation therapy?
- Q What should I expect during radiation therapy?
- Q What is intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT) for cancer?