What is laser light?

Stephen Wechsler
Chiropractic Medicine

Cold Laser is becoming popular for the reduction of inflammation and increasing circulation to an area of need of healing. The only precaution is the amount of time held on an area and never over the eyes. Also safety glasses should be used by practitioner as well as client.

I am personally using the Cold Laser after knee surgery and have much less pain.

The term "laser" stands for light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation. Ordinary light, such as that from a light bulb, has many wavelengths and spreads in all directions. Laser light, on the other hand, has a specific wavelength. It is focused in a narrow beam and creates a very high-intensity light. This powerful beam of light may be used to cut through steel or to shape diamonds. Because lasers can focus very accurately on tiny areas, they can also be used for very precise surgical work or for cutting through tissue (in place of a scalpel).

This answer is based on source information from the National Cancer Institute.

Continue Learning about Radiation Therapy For Cancer

What is on-board imaging (OBI) for radiation therapy?
Aurora Health CareAurora Health Care
On-board imaging (OBI) refers to the use of daily x-rays (taken right on the linear accelerator) tha...
How can I cope with the side effects of radiation treatment?
Lori K. Gillespie, MDLori K. Gillespie, MD
One of the most common complaints during radiation treatment is a loss of energy or fatigue. Try...
What is external beam radiation therapy?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Radiation therapy is a treatment for cancer. In external beam radiation therapy, a large machine foc...
How Can Cancer Treatment Affect My Sexual Health?