What is laser light?

The term "laser" stands for light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation. Ordinary light, such as that from a light bulb, has many wavelengths and spreads in all directions. Laser light, on the other hand, has a specific wavelength. It is focused in a narrow beam and creates a very high-intensity light. This powerful beam of light may be used to cut through steel or to shape diamonds. Because lasers can focus very accurately on tiny areas, they can also be used for very precise surgical work or for cutting through tissue (in place of a scalpel).

This answer is based on source information from the National Cancer Institute.

Stephen Wechsler
Chiropractic Medicine

Cold Laser is becoming popular for the reduction of inflammation and increasing circulation to an area of need of healing. The only precaution is the amount of time held on an area and never over the eyes. Also safety glasses should be used by practitioner as well as client.

I am personally using the Cold Laser after knee surgery and have much less pain.

Continue Learning about Radiation Therapy For Cancer

What is radiation therapy for lymphoma and leukemia?
Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA)Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA)
Radiation therapy (also called radiotherapy) uses high-energy X-rays to destroy leukemia cells, to p...
What are the different types of radiation therapy?
Dr CamilleDr Camille
There two major "types" of Radiation Therapy that can be considered; External Radiation Therapy and ...
What are the benefits of CyberKnife treatment?
TriStar Centennial Medical CenterTriStar Centennial Medical Center
The cyber knife is a particular type of radiation delivery device. It's a linear accelerator mounted...
How Can Cancer Treatment Affect My Sexual Health?