What is a medical physicist?

Medical physicists oversee the work of the dosimetrist and help ensure that complex radiation treatments are individualized for each patient. Their responsibility also includes monitoring the performance of the treatment machines. In addition, the medical physicist is responsible for radiation safety.

Continue Learning about Radiation Therapy For Cancer

How can I cope with the side effects of radiation treatment?
Lori K. Gillespie, MDLori K. Gillespie, MD
One of the most common complaints during radiation treatment is a loss of energy or fatigue. Try...
How is radiation therapy given to treat cancer?
Radiation (also called radiotherapy, x-ray therapy, or irradiation) for cancer treatment is admi...
What is a dosimetrist?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
A dosimetrist has extensive training in physics in addition to training in radiation therapy. Un...
How Can Cancer Treatment Affect My Sexual Health?