What is a medical physicist?

Medical physicists oversee the work of the dosimetrist and help ensure that complex radiation treatments are individualized for each patient. Their responsibility also includes monitoring the performance of the treatment machines. In addition, the medical physicist is responsible for radiation safety.

Continue Learning about Radiation Therapy For Cancer

How can I prepare for radiation therapy for cancer?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
Once you begin a course of radiation therapy, you can usually expect to be at the oncology clini...
What is intensity-modulated radiation therapy?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) is an advanced mode of high-precision radiotherapy that...
What are external and internal forms of radiation therapy for cancer?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
Radiation oncologists use both internal and external forms of radiation therapy to treat cancer. ...
How Can Cancer Treatment Affect My Sexual Health?