What is an inspection visit after radiation therapy?

At the completion of radiation therapy treatment, you will be scheduled for an inspection visit with your radiation oncologist. During this appointment, you will have the opportunity to talk about any problems you are experiencing with pain or symptom management. You are also encouraged to discuss any other challenges you are experiencing (emotional, social, work/life, etc.) as a result of your diagnosis or treatment. The initial inspection visit does not require an additional referral and typically takes place a month after treatment ends.

Continue Learning about Radiation Therapy For Cancer

How effective is radiation therapy in treating cancer?
Mark A. O'Rourke, MDMark A. O'Rourke, MD
Very effective, but it is not for every cancer or every person with cancer. The three main types of...
Does radiation therapy increase my risk of developing a second cancer?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
The higher the dose of radiation received, the more risk for developing a second cancer. In gene...
What is radiation therapy?
Dr. John A. ChabotDr. John A. Chabot
Radiation therapy, sometimes called radiotherapy, is a technique that uses high frequency x-rays to ...
What should I expect before external beam radiation therapy?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Before external beam radiation therapy:Your doctor will explain the treatment plan, possible side ef...