What are the emotional side effects of radiation therapy for cancer?

It is important for you, your family and your friends to be aware that you may feel different during the course of your radiation treatment. Some people report feeling “down” or nervous. This may be due to the fact that your daily life schedule has been changed, because you are fatigued or because of our feelings about the disease. It is not unexpected or unnatural to feel this way. However, your attitude, your mental and emotional approach to your treatments and to cancer itself, is vitally important. It may help to talk with someone with whom you feel comfortable such as a doctor, social worker, chaplain, family member or friend. You may also consider joining a local support group.

Continue Learning about Radiation Therapy For Cancer

How Can Cancer Treatment Affect My Sexual Health?