How has radiation improved?

Eric M. Genden, MD
Ear, Nose & Throat (Otolaryngology)

Radiation for throat cancer is far more targeted. In this video, Eric Genden, MD, chairman of the department of otolaryngology at The Mount Sinai Medical Center, discusses why this focus is important in limiting side effects and complications.

Continue Learning about Radiation Therapy For Cancer

What should I know about radiation therapy and its possible after effects?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
Radiation therapy involves the use of a special type of x-rays in a series of planned treatments. Du...
What is radiation therapy for cancer?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
Radiation therapy offers you a noninvasive cancer treatment option. There's no pain during the proce...
What are the side effects of radiation therapy for cancer of the larynx?
Radiation therapy aimed at the neck may cause side effects: Sore throat and difficulty swallowing:...
How Can Cancer Treatment Affect My Sexual Health?