How can I prepare for radiation therapy for cancer?

Once you begin a course of radiation therapy, you can usually expect to be at the oncology clinic five days a week for several consecutive weeks.

Depending on where you are from, you may have to live away from home and may not be able to work during your treatment window. Therefore, it is important that you make the appropriate arrangements with your family and employer prior to starting treatment.

Continue Learning about Radiation Therapy For Cancer

How does radiation kill breast cancer cells?
Susan McCloskey, MDSusan McCloskey, MD
Radiation therapy consistently decreases the risk for breast cancer recurrence by about 50% to 70%. ...
How does radiation therapy (RT) treat cancer?
Susan McCloskey, MDSusan McCloskey, MD
Radiation therapy damages the DNA of cancer cells. DNA is the genetic material of cells and it contr...
What is CyberKnife treatment for prostate cancer?
Marc B. Garnick, MDMarc B. Garnick, MD
CyberKnife for prostate cancer is being evaluated and compared to other forms of radiation. It has t...
How Can Cancer Treatment Affect My Sexual Health?