Can I take over-the-counter medicine during radiation treatment for cancer?

Be sure to ask your radiation oncologist or nurse before taking any medicine even over-the-counter medications. This includes aspirin. You should list all medicines you are currently taking and any allergies you may have and discuss it with your radiation oncologist.

Continue Learning about Radiation Therapy For Cancer

what is intraoperative radiation therapy ( iort ) for cancer ?
Aurora Health CareAurora Health Care
Intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT) is a selectively used special procedure in which radiation i...
what can i expect during radiation treatments for cancer ?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
During your treatments, you will be cared for by your radiation therapist. Using the marks that ...
how can i prevent errors in my child radiation treatment ?
Hospital Safety ScoreHospital Safety Score
Radiation treatment for cancer can be very effective. It may make you more comfortable with your chi...
what are the possible after effects of cancer radiation treatments ?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
After effects from radiation therapy may occur because of permanent damage to normal cells or to str...