How do I manage my rabies treatment on a daily basis?

If you have been exposed to rabies, a series of shots can save your life. You may need several shots over the course of two weeks. Rabies almost always kills if not treated correctly, so don't skip shots. Otherwise, continue engaging in your everyday routine; you're not contagious. Only people who develop actual rabies disease, displaying the symptoms, can spread the virus.

Continue Learning about Rabies

How can I tell if an animal has rabies?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Animals with rabies may act strangely. For example, those that are usually active at night may b...
How is rabies treated?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
You must get rabies treatment very soon after you are exposed, before deadly symptoms appear. If you...
How do other illnesses affect rabies?
No matter what other illnesses you have, you should get the rabies vaccine if you have been exposed ...
How can bats spread rabies?
While bites are a common way for diseases to be spread from bats to humans, exposure to saliva and o...