Smoking Cessation 101
In order to quit smoking successfully, you'll need a plan to overcome nicotine withdrawal. Educate yourself on the common challenges of quitting and find inspiration to help you succeed.Take Our Quit Smoking Quiz
Kicking Butts: 50 Years of ProgressView the Slideshow
AskMDGet personalized advice on how to quit smoking and tobacco
Number of years that quitting smoking
adds to a woman's life
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Smoking Cessation Q&As
Michael Roizen, MD
How does quitting smoking affect aging?
Smoking one pack of cigarettes a day makes you over 8 years older than the nonsmoker. Cessation of smoking can . . .
- Q Is vaping safer than smoking?
- Q Why is smoking addictive?
- Q My friends say that smoking is cool. Should I believe them?
- Q Are e-cigarettes less harmful to your heart than regular cigarettes?
- Q Why are cigarettes harmful?
- Q What is tobacco?
- Q How do I deal with weight gain when I quit smoking?
- Q What is the Great American Smokeout?
- Q What does cigarette smoke contain?
- Q How many people around the world smoke cigarettes?