When did the law require the ingredients of cigarettes to be listed?

Cigarette makers were not required to list the ingredients in cigarettes until 1998. The public now knows that there are more than 4,000 chemicals in each cigarette.

Continue Learning about Quit Smoking

Time to Quit Smoking. Period.
Time to Quit Smoking. Period.
Pliny, the Roman scholar wrote in his Natural History: “Contact with the monthly flux of women turns new wine sour, makes crops wither, kills grafts, ...
What should I tell my child about smoking?
It’s okay to be brutally honest -- cigarettes make people sick and many people die because of them. ...
Not Ready to Quit Smoking? Try These Lifestyle Changes Instead
Not Ready to Quit Smoking? Try These Lifestyle Changes InsteadNot Ready to Quit Smoking? Try These Lifestyle Changes InsteadNot Ready to Quit Smoking? Try These Lifestyle Changes InsteadNot Ready to Quit Smoking? Try These Lifestyle Changes Instead
Healthy eating and exercise can make it easier to quit when you are finally ready.
Do You Know Why You Want to Quit Smoking?