Is nicotine addiction different in men than in women?

Women and men have equal potential to become addicted to nicotine. However, women tend to smoke cigarettes with lower nicotine content, smoke fewer cigarettes daily, and inhale less deeply than men. Women do have higher relapse rates when attempting to quit smoking, and nicotine patches and gum tend to work better for men.

Continue Learning about Quit Smoking

Is Hookah Good For You?
Is Hookah Good For You?
It’s pretty sneaky. In the same way Phillip Morris marketed cigarettes, equating smoking their brand with the rugged Wild West individualism of the Ma...
Can I recover from nicotine addiction if my workplace isn't smoke-free?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
If you want to quit smoking you can regardless of what is going on in your workplace.  The key is go...
Shocking Smoking Facts That Will Make You Want to Quit Today
Shocking Smoking Facts That Will Make You Want to Quit TodayShocking Smoking Facts That Will Make You Want to Quit TodayShocking Smoking Facts That Will Make You Want to Quit TodayShocking Smoking Facts That Will Make You Want to Quit Today
Smoking not only causes cancer and heart and lung disease, but it’s associated with stress, reproductive problems and more.
Do You Treat Women Differently than You Treat Men in Cardiaology?