What are the medical causes of smoking addiction?

In this video clip from Discovery Health's "Continuing Medical Education" show, experts explain the medical causes of smoking addiction.

Continue Learning about Quit Smoking

Vaping 101: What Every Parent Should Know
If you’re the parent of a teen—or even a “tween” who’s navigating middle school—you need to know about e-cigarettes. Odds are your child not only know...
New Dangers From Secondhand and Thirdhand Smoke
Smokey the Bear, Smokey Robinson, Smokey and the Bandit—these smoky icons may be a few generations past their prime, but their impact on pop culture s...
How common is smoking in people with mental illness?
In the United States, 40 percent of men and 34 percent of women with mental illness are smokers. Add...
How do I deal with weight gain when I quit smoking?
The key to quitting smoking is setting a plan date for your quitting, and with that plan date, start...