How does my smoking affect the people around me?

Think of the people around you when you smoke. By breathing in your exhaled smoke -- your second-hand smoke -- in effect, they're smoking too. They face the same health risks you do, whether they like it or not. And studies show that children are particularly vulnerable to problems caused by second-hand smoke.

Continue Learning about Quit Smoking

This Bad Habit Is Bad on Your Bones
This Bad Habit Is Bad on Your Bones
The series Mad Men was all too accurate on one count: In 1955 almost 57 percent of men and 30 percent of women smoked cigarettes! Fortunately, those n...
What are the health concerns about smoking (vaping) caffeine?
Gary GinsbergGary Ginsberg
Since caffeine is typically ingested, not inhaled, there are several health concerns about smoking (...
How Tracking Can Help You Quit Smoking—and 5 More Tips to Quit
How Tracking Can Help You Quit Smoking—and 5 More Tips to QuitHow Tracking Can Help You Quit Smoking—and 5 More Tips to QuitHow Tracking Can Help You Quit Smoking—and 5 More Tips to QuitHow Tracking Can Help You Quit Smoking—and 5 More Tips to Quit
Download Sharecare to kick your tobacco habit for good.
Do You Know Why You Want to Quit Smoking?