How much does smoking cost yearly?

The prospect of better health is a major reason for quitting, but there are other reasons, too.
Smoking is expensive. It isn't hard to figure out how much you spend on smoking: multiply how much money you spend on tobacco every day by 365 (days per year). The amount may surprise you. Now multiply that by the number of years you have been using tobacco and that amount will probably shock you.
Multiply the cost per year by 10 (for the next 10 years) and ask yourself what you would rather do with that much money.
And this doesn't include other possible costs, such as higher costs for health and life insurance, and likely health care costs due to tobacco-related problems.

Continue Learning about Quit Smoking

Walking Helped Me Quit Smoking and Lose Weight
I started walking . . . simply to take my mind off of smoking and distract myself from the cravings. I weighed 200 pounds and was also worried that qu...
Is nicotine addictive?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
Nicotine is extremely addictive. In fact, it is as addicting as heroin. It is 1000 times more addict...
Is nicotine addiction different in men than in women?
Women and men have equal potential to become addicted to nicotine. However, women tend to smoke ...
What is one way to stop nicotine cravings?
If nicotine cravings continue to plague you, a new product might finally do the trick. Dr. Robin...