How can I make my workplace smoke-free?

If it's your work environment where you are affected by secondhand smoke, it will probably be relatively easy to implement a nonsmoking policy, because they have become so prevalent in the workplace. If your office doesn't yet have a no-smoking policy, talk to your boss or office manager about implementing one. If nothing is resolved, talk to your local board of public health or Better Business Bureau to find out if a city or state no-smoking ordinance exists. The federal Americans with Disabilities Act requires employers to provide a work environment that accommodates employees with disabilities. Therefore, employers must provide a smoke-free environment for employees who have asthma or allergies to smoke.
The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life

Why not live at 60 feeling like you did at 35?Thousands of Americans are younger today than they were five years ago. How is that possible? By following the specific recommendations that reverse...

Continue Learning about Quit Smoking

Why should I quit smoking now?
Dr. Vincent T DeVita JrDr. Vincent T DeVita Jr
No matter how old you are or how long you've smoked, quitting can help you live longer and be health...
What is nicotine addiction?
Nicotine addiction occurs usually from smoking cigarettes or using other tobacco products. The chemi...
What is the bottom line for smokers who want to protect their health?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
For smokers who want to protect their health, here's the bottom line:There is no such thing as a saf...
Why does smoking make me feel good?
Cigarette smoke is a stimulant and will give you the feelings similar to caffeine. It acts on recept...