How long does tobacco stay in my system after I quit smoking?

Approximately twenty minutes after smoking the last cigarette the body begins to respond and recuperate from the tobacco that was consumed/inhaled. The short-term effects after quitting include: improved circulation such as lower heart rate and blood pressure and increased temperature in the hands and feet.

Continue Learning about Quit Smoking

Smoking Causes Back Pain
Smoking Causes Back Pain
The Cleveland Cavaliers’ back-to-back-to-back victories made them the first team in NBA history to win a championship after being behind in the playof...
My friends say that smoking is cool. Should I believe them?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Smoking is not cool. It greatly raises the risk of all types of health problems and is the major cau...
How Tracking Can Help You Quit Smoking—and 5 More Tips to Quit
How Tracking Can Help You Quit Smoking—and 5 More Tips to QuitHow Tracking Can Help You Quit Smoking—and 5 More Tips to QuitHow Tracking Can Help You Quit Smoking—and 5 More Tips to QuitHow Tracking Can Help You Quit Smoking—and 5 More Tips to Quit
Download Sharecare to kick your tobacco habit for good.
How Eye Health Is Influenced by Overall Health