How long does tobacco stay in my system after I quit smoking?

Approximately twenty minutes after smoking the last cigarette the body begins to respond and recuperate from the tobacco that was consumed/inhaled. The short-term effects after quitting include: improved circulation such as lower heart rate and blood pressure and increased temperature in the hands and feet.

Continue Learning about Quit Smoking

Quit Smoking

Quit Smoking

Smoking tobacco products can lead to severe health problems and even death. While quitting smoking can be very difficult for some smokers, there are smoking cessation programs and medications that can help smokers quit. There are ...

many lifelong benefits of doing so, like increased lung function and decreased risk of heart disease and cancer. Understanding the importance of quitting smoking and all options available to help stop smoking is key to long-term success.