How do I know if I am addicted to nicotine?

Do you smoke, chew, or use tobacco products in any other way?  Then you are addicted.  The other way is throw away the cigarettes or chew, or whatever, and see if you can go without them with no consequence and no problems and cravings for a long period of time.  Try it for a week at a time.  If you can go a week at a time without needing nicotine, you are no longer addicted and you might as well quit smoking, or chewing, or whatever way you are getting tobacco.

Continue Learning about Quit Smoking

Reasons Why You Should Stop Vaping
Reasons Why You Should Stop Vaping
Where there’s smoke, there’s fire—and then, after wildfires, often come the rains and all-too-lethal mudslides. Well, the same is true for vaping—turn...
Vaping 101: What Every Parent Should Know
If you’re the parent of a teen—or even a “tween” who’s navigating middle school—you need to know about e-cigarettes. Odds are your child not only know...
Can Vaping Increase Your Risk of Seizures?
You know that illegal drugs can lead to massive seizures: In January 2019, federal authorities seized 221 pounds of cocaine in two busts in Port Huene...
How Can I Reduce the Risk of Vision Loss?