How do I stay free from smoking once I've completed treatment?

One of the best things you can do for yourself is to quit smoking, and it can be difficult to stay cigarette free once you’ve quit. Realizing that there will be cravings and temptations down the road is key and planning ahead will help. When you have a craving, distract yourself by removing yourself from the situation, calling a friend, or keeping your hands and mouth busy with a healthy snack. Also know that if you have a slip-up, think of it as a one-time mistake and don’t use it as an excuse to resume smoking.

Continue Learning about Quit Smoking

Do insurance companies cover nicotine gum for smoking cessation?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Many do but you need to check with your insurance company on that. If they do, they will not usually...
Why do smokers continue to smoke when they know it is not good for them?
As is the case with other guilty pleasures, many smokers continue the habit, knowing that it is a po...
What is the danger of third-hand smoke?
Did you know that third-hand smoke could be putting your family's health at risk right now? That's r...
What Healthy Lifestyle Changes Are People Most Willing to Make?