Can social factors trigger smoking addiction?

Yes.  Smoking factors can trigger nicotine addiction.  If your friends smoke, you can get addicted to smoking.

Continue Learning about Quit Smoking

How to Quit Smoking in 5 Steps
How to Quit Smoking in 5 Steps
"Quitting smoking is easy. I've done it a hundred times!" If you've tried to stop puffing on coffin nails, Mark Twain's quotation rings oh-too-true. B...
What is the scientific evidence about health effects of light cigarettes?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
The following is the scientific evidence about the health effects of light cigarettes:The Federal Go...
How can I deal with not wanting to quit smoking?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
Being reluctant to quit, even though you would really like to quit, is basically the definition of a...
How long does tobacco stay in my system after I quit smoking?
Approximately twenty minutes after smoking the last cigarette the body begins to respond and recuper...