Can I smoke pipe tobacco and not get addicted to nicotine?

No, you will absorb enough nicotine to get addicted from smoking a pipe. How addicted you get will depend on how much nicotine you absorb and whether you are predisposed to addicton to chemicals like nicotine. If  you have the right ( or wrong  perhaps) genetics, and are easily addicted, pipe smoking can lead to cigarette smoking to get a bigger dose of nicotine.

Continue Learning about Quit Smoking

This Bad Habit Is Bad on Your Bones
This Bad Habit Is Bad on Your Bones
The series Mad Men was all too accurate on one count: In 1955 almost 57 percent of men and 30 percent of women smoked cigarettes! Fortunately, those n...
How can I politely ask someone not to smoke around me?
Ruth White, MPHRuth White, MPH
Say simply, "Smoking is really bad for me, so do you mind smoking where I won’t be affected by your ...
Shocking Smoking Facts That Will Make You Want to Quit Today
Shocking Smoking Facts That Will Make You Want to Quit TodayShocking Smoking Facts That Will Make You Want to Quit TodayShocking Smoking Facts That Will Make You Want to Quit TodayShocking Smoking Facts That Will Make You Want to Quit Today
Smoking not only causes cancer and heart and lung disease, but it’s associated with stress, reproductive problems and more.
Watch Your Weight When You Quit Smoking
Watch Your Weight When You Quit Smoking