Can I quit smoking if I've tried and failed before?

It is still possible to quit smoking if you have failed when trying to quit in the past. In fact, it takes most smokers several attempts to completely quit. It is important to look at each quit attempt as a victory and keep trying to quit even after relapsing. It is most common to relapse within one week of quitting when cravings are the strongest, so it is important to have a support plan in place with family and friends for what you will do instead of smoking when you get cravings.

Continue Learning about Quit Smoking

Hawaii Health Alert: Would You Know If Your Child Is Vaping?
If you’re the parent of a teen—or even a “tween” who’s navigating middle school—you need to know about e-cigarettes. Odds are your child not only know...
Why Do People Still Smoke?
Why Do People Still Smoke?
How Eye Health Is Influenced by Overall Health
Do Consumers Need to Shift Their Mindset About Being Well?