What increases my risk for pulmonary Langerhans' cell histiocytosis (PLCH)?

The cause of pulmonary Langerhans' cell histiocytosis (PLCH) isn't known, but there are certain factors that may increase your risk. One of the most significant risk factors for PLCH is smoking cigarettes. How many years you've been smoking and number of cigarettes you smoke per day may affect the severity of your risk. In addition, PLCH is most common among Caucasians between the ages of 20 and 40, so you may be at a higher risk if you're part of that demographic.

Continue Learning about Pulmonary Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis (PLCH)

Can alternative treatments help pulmonary Langerhans' cell histiocytosis?
There really aren't any alternative treatments that can help treat pulmonary Langerhans' cell histio...
How do I manage my pulmonary Langerhans' cell histiocytosis (PLCH) daily?
Managing pulmonary Langerhans' cell histiocytosis (PLCH) involves taking care of your overall physic...
How do steroids treat pulmonary Langerhans' cell histiocytosis (PLCH)?
Certain types of steroids may be used to treat pulmonary Langerhans' cell histiocytosis (PLCH). This...
What medications treat pulmonary Langerhans' cell histiocytosis (PLCH)?
Medications may be used to treat some cases of pulmonary Langerhans' cell histiocytosis. Most often,...