How do I care for someone with pulmonary Langerhans' cell histiocytosis?

Caring for someone with pulmonary Langerhans' cell histiocytosis (PLCH) can be challenging because of the chronic nature of the disease. Because the most important aspect of treatment is stopping smoking, it's important to support your loved one as they give up that habit. Help reinforce that quitting is necessary for any kind of effective treatment. Also, help make sure they follow other treatment advice from their doctor regarding medication or surgeries. Provide as much emotional support as you can for your loved one with PLCH.

Continue Learning about Pulmonary Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis (PLCH)

What is the rate of incidence of pulmonary Langerhans' cell histiocytosis?
There's no exact numbers regarding how many people are affected by pulmonary Langerhans' cell histio...
How is lymphangioleiomyomatosis diagnosed?
Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) is often hard to diagnose because it shares symptoms with several mor...
How do I manage my pulmonary Langerhans' cell histiocytosis (PLCH) daily?
Managing pulmonary Langerhans' cell histiocytosis (PLCH) involves taking care of your overall physic...
What causes pulmonary Langerhans' cell histiocytosis (PLCH)?
The exact cause of pulmonary Langerhans' cell histiocytosis is unknown, but it's thought that it may...